Difference Between Embroidery and Monogramming Machines
Embroidery and monogram machine are basically two names of the same field but often used interchangeably; both have different meanings. Some people mix up the word monogramming as the type of embroidery work, and yes, it is. So here we will explain both terms one by one and then compare them.
Difference between embroidery and monogramming machines
Embroidery is a process of creating colourful designs on the fabric with the help of a needle. It is usually done to enhance the charm of products. From the start of art, embroidery work is being made on fabric with different embellishments like beads, stones, pearls, and mirrors, etc.
In past centuries, embroidery was just made on wearable items or household common things, but now it is used for bags, tots, shoes, blankets, and many more items.
With the passage of time, embroidery is being made with the help of embroidery machines. It is much easier to draw embroidery designs on the articles. Machine embroidery designs are widespread in the market rather than monogram machine.
How To Make Embroidery Designs:
Here we are simply telling you some basic steps to make embroidery designs with a machine.
- Choose a design from the embroidery machine’s software and if you want some changes then make them in your plan.
- Then select a fabric on which embroidery designs are being drawn. Then hoop the material and place the hoop in the embroidery machine.
- Then pass the thread from the needles and select to embroider the design on your fabric and manually digitize the embroidery design to finish the work.
Best Embroidery Machines:
Here are the top listed embroidery machines
- Brother NV870 embroidery machine
- Silver Wifi embroidery machine CH03
- Brother PE535 Embroidery Machine
- Brother Innovis V3 embroidery machine
- Embroidery/Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Janome Memory Craft 550E.
- Brother FS100WT Free Motion Embroidery/Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Janome Memory Craft 500E Embroidery machine
Monogramming is a design made by combining two or more letters, whether they are alphabets or numbers. Monogram machine are often used to show specific organizations, companies, educational institutions, and industries, etc. It is mainly called the logo in our general language.
It is the same as embroidery. Basically, it is considered a type of embroidery made on fabrics in shorter words. Like embroidery, you have seen monograms everywhere, even in your household things too. These are unique and shorter words and depict the company to which the fabric belongs to. Monograms are mostly made with machines, and there are a lot of ways to make them.
How To Make A Monogram:
You can make monograms on an embroidery machine very quickly. Monograms are made as to the same process you use for the embroidery purpose, like to select your monogram and then apply it to the fabric. But for monogramming, you need to keep in mind that you are giving the monogram’s correct dimensions.
Best Monogram Machines:
Monograms are mostly made with embroidery machines. Here some of the famous monogram logo creator machines listed, which are also the commercial monogram machines:
- Brother XR9500PRW Sewing Machine.
- Brother Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW
- Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway
- Janome Memory Craft 400E.
- PE550D Embroidery Machine
- Brother SE600 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine
- Singer Quantum Stylish 9960
- Brothers PE535 Embroidery Machine
- Singer Futura XL-550 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
So, by comparing both terms, we get to know that monogramming is the type of embroidery work. In embroidery work, every artwork with needles is included, while the monograms are just specific letters drawn as the symbolization of anything. You can use embroidery machines to make the monograms on the fabrics.