Let’s discuss some of the common errors of brother persona prs1500 embroidery machine:
1. Embroidery Design Does Not Sew Out Properly.
There can be a few reasons why the embroidery design does not sew correctly. Check the following Brother Persona PRS100 embroidery issues or points:
- The thread is tangled: If the thread is tangled, use tweezers to detangle it from the hook.
- The fabric is not finely framed in the embroidery frame (for instance, the material is not taut): If the material is not taut, the design might become misaligned or the stitching might shrink. Ensure to rightly frame the material in the embroidery frame.
- Stabilizer (backing isn’t used): Use a stabilizer (backing) when embroidering on stretchy or thin materials, materials with a coarse knit, or materials that easily enable the stitching to shrink. When using the optional cap frame, always remember to use a heavyweight stabilizer when embroidering on a cap that is made of soft fabric.
- The embroidery frame or the carriage is hitting objects: The design might become misaligned if the embroidery frame or carriage is hitting objects. Ensure that there are no objects within the operating field of the embroidery frame.
- The material is pinched or caught: If you are facing this error, stop the machine, and then place the material properly.
- The carriage moved while removing the embroidery frame: The design might become misaligned if the presser foot was hit or the carriage was moved while changing the bobbin thread, changing the needle, or working near the embroidery frame. Be cautious when changing and reattaching the embroidery frame while changing the bobbin thread, changing the needle, or working near the embroidery frame. If the carriage is moved, turn off the machine, and then turn it on again. The right position of the frame at the time that the machine was stopped is stored in the memory of the machine, and the embroidery frame is returned to the right position.
- The embroidery frame is very big for the size of the embroidery: If so, use an embroidery frame that is close to the embroidery size.
- The embroidery frame is not attached rightly to the carriage: Rightly attach the embroidery frame to the carriage. Ensure that the pins present on the right and left arms of the embroidery frame holder safely fit into the holes in the handles on the embroidery frame.
- The design wasn’t digitized correctly: The design might require more pull compensation or underlay to accommodate stretchy or high-napped materials.
- Stabilizer is not attached correctly, for instance, it is smaller than the embroidery frame: If that is so, attach the stabilizer correctly.
2. I Cannot Change My Needle, How To Change The Needle?
Embroidering with a twisted needle is very risky as the needle might break while the machine functions. Place the flat side of the needle on a flat surface and check that the distance between the needle and the flat surface is leveled. If the needle is twisted or the tip of the needle is broken, change the needle with a new one. If the distance between the needle and the flat surface is not leveled, the needle is bent. Do not use a twisted needle.
Turn the machine off – Ensure to turn the machine off before changing the needle, or else injuries might occur if the machine begins embroidering.
Loosen the needle set screw and remove the needle – Hold the needle with your left hand, and then hold the Allen screwdriver in your right, and turn the needle set screw counterclockwise. Ensure to use the included Allen screwdriver to change the needle, or else excessive force applied to the needle will cause it to break. Don’t apply extreme force when tightening or loosening the needle set screw, or else the machine might get damaged.
With the flat side of the needle towards the machine back, place the needle upwards unless it touches the needle bar stopper. Pass the needle through the hole in the presser foot, and then use the needle-changing tool to raise the needle. Hold the needle-changing tool and press the end of the needle-changing tool 1 in to extend the needle mounting champ. Attach the clamp to the needle and then release the pressed area to clamp the needle. To unclamp the needle, press 1 again.
While holding the needle in place with your left hand, tighten the needle set screw. Use the Allen screwdriver to turn the needle set screw in a clockwise direction.
3. Why Does The Needle Keep Breaking?
There might be a few reasons why the needle keeps breaking. Check the Brother Persona PRS100 Embroidery Machine common errors or points:
- The needle is not rightly installed: Rightly install the needle
- The needle set screw is loose: Use the Allen screwdriver to securely tighten the needle set screw.
- The needle is blunt or twisted: Change the needle with a new one
- The area around the embroidery foot hole is damaged: Change the presser foot. Consult your authorized brother dealer.
- The bobbin or bobbin case is not installed rightly: Remove and reinstall the bobbin and bobbin case.
- The upper thread is not rightly threaded: The upper thread is catching somewhere. Pull the upper thread by hand from below the presser foot, and check if the thread moves smoothly. If the thread doesn’t move, it is not rightly threaded. Thread the upper thread rightly. Ensure the thread is caught by the needle bar thread guide.
- The upper thread tension is set very high. It doesn’t run: Lower the upper thread tension and ensure the tension disc rotates when pulling on the thread.
- The area around the hole in the needle plate is damaged: Change the needle plate. Consult your closed legal brother dealer.
- The needle touches or hits the needle plate: Change the needle or consult your closed legal brother dealer
- The presser foot is set very high and not placed rightly: The needle touches or hits the presser foot. Consult your closed legal brother dealer.
- Sliding surface on hook race is not smooth. There are scratches or fuzz on it: Consult your closed legal brother dealer
These were the simple steps for Brother Persona PRS100 maintenance and Brother Persona PRS100 common errors & solutions. Now that you very well know how to maintain your machine, it is time to start embroidering. Good luck!
Hope it will be helpful for you guys!
If there’s any question related to this article you can simply ask in the comment section and don’t forget to like and share with those you think might be helpful for them.
Also if you want digitizing services for your embroidery machine with super-fast turnaround and excellent quality just click the link below and get a free quote in less than 5 minutes. We offer 50% off on all our services to our potential customers on their first order.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can troubleshoot a Brother Persona PRS100 Embroidery Machine easily. Visit the link here Brother Persona PRS100
You can fix Brother Persona PRS100 Embroidery Machine common errors easily. Visit the link here Brother Persona PRS100
The common issues of Brother Persona PRS100 Embroidery Machine are:
- WHY DOES THE NEEDLE KEEP BREAKING?
- HOW TO CHANGE THE NEEDLE?
- COLOR THREAD TABLE
- EMBROIDERY DESIGN DOES NOT SEW OUT RIGHTLY.